Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maint55

A-B PLC2 wih PCMK card

3 posts in this topic

Greetings, I am trying to connect to a A-B PLC2 (1772 LN2 SERIES B) Using a Toshiba T1910 (running WIN 3.1 and dos 6.1) I am using a 1784 PMCK Series “A” card and going out through A 1784 PCM2 cable, hooking up to the front port on the PLC. It is not working, what am I missing. We had a tech come in with a powered cable , and everything worked fine. Same computer,same program( ICON AI ) ,the only (and probably the most important) was the cable Thanks for the help in advance

The cable that the tech was probably using is the serial port version. Having a powered cable tells me that. Using the PCMK You will need to modify your config.sys and autoexec.bat files to load the pcmk into memory. You have to setup extended memory and dedicate to PCMK. I haven't had to do that in a while, but I am sure someone on this forum has the link for the knowledge base that references this. If you have no luck I will dust off the old laptop and help. One Tip. load all of you files in autoexec.bat and config.sys the startup the computer in dos mode. Don't go to windows as this is just a waste of time. There is a disk that came with the PCMK card and it has all the drivers and I think a decent read me file good luck, I am currently swamped, but if you need help quicker, send me a email and we can talk in more detail, I have two quotes in front of me now that has major prority, just taking a break and catching up on some MRPLC forum reading Phil Howell Industrial Controls & Electronics Phil.Howell@comcast.net

I'm not sure if this will correct your problem, but it may be worth a look. In the ICOM software, press F8 (Configure Program Parameters) from the main menu, then F1 (Communication Hardware). F1 (Interface Hardware Type) should be A-B 1784-PCMK and F3 (PCMK Socket (Slot)) should be 0 or 1. From what I remember, most PCs number the slots 1 and 2, which has caused me confusion in the past.