Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rooty09

date and time stamp in logix5000

8 posts in this topic

Hi Chaps I am working on a project which involves collecting and storing some data within a controllogix plc. I am looking for a way to date and time stamp the records. I have read in another post that i can use GSV and date time to retieve and store to an array of dints, but i am looking if possible to some how concatenate into the format DD/MM/YYY HH:MM:ss in one field so i can display onto an HMI. does anyone have any sugestions ?? thanks in advance kev

Logix5000 has a variable type of LINT that you can select to be Time/Date format. This works on the standard clock format of 0 being 1-1-1970 00:00:00 and counting up from there. Not sure if your HMI would support this, but it might be worth a look at.

You could just pull the alarm number from the PLC, store the alarm description in the HMI and pull the date/time from the HMI. The last piece of the pie is to chain the PLC date/time to the HMI. If it is a PanelViewPlus HMI, you can use a macro application with a global connection.

You can declare a string variable for Formatted_Date and use some DTOS and Concat commands to build what your HMI Pulls.

Thanks for the info Bob, I have created a string variable as you described above and concatenated values into it without any problems. Unfortunatly the HMI i am using (proface AGP 3600) does not read strings directly. To get it to display a string i have to load an array of Dints with either the ascii character codes or hex values for the text i wish to display, the system reads the array of character codes and displays them as ascii characters on the screen. Is it possible to retieve the Ascii Character code from a value ie Dec 9 = char(57) or 39h In VBA i would normally do this using an ASC instruction ie (asc(9) = 57), but i cannot find any such instruction within the logix 5000 software. thanks in adv kev

Have you tried accessing MyString.Data[X] and moving it to the DINT Array. Something like COP MyString.Data[0] GOP_DINTArray[0] 32.

Bob Did as you suggested and its now working fine Thanks for the help

Glad to hear. You can also use MOV to load the datas of a string, but gotta also move the len parameter.