Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mac

AB Kinetix 6000 drive software

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any software other than RS Logix 5000 that can be used to monitor and communicate with Kinetix drives? I have 3 of them on a sercos network and I'd like to be able to get online with them without using Logix 5000 Thanks

You would need the hardware to communicate with the drives first. Do you have anything that would take the place of the PLC SERCOS card?

The answer to that question is NO I was thinking I could use RSLinks to communicate with some other application that would do my monitoring. I have my doubts but just thought I'd ask

I did a little searching (I am interested in this, too) and Rockwell's SoftLogix along with a 1784-PM16SE PCI SERCOS card would do the trick. The only problem is there is a lot of $$$ involved as well. Of course, you would still need Logix5000 to program the SoftLogix controller, but you get rid of the need for a physical PLC rack, power supply, and so on. Edited by pandersen

On top of the Kinetix6000 IAM module is a DPI port, using a 123-USB or a 1203-SSS and Drive Executive software you can go online to the unit and monitor parameters for each module. Alan