Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moosty

Win CC Flexible ActiveX Error

4 posts in this topic

Hi, We want to use our homemade ActiveX in WinCC Flex, but it raises the following error when we want to compile: "Fatal ERROR: screen item Screen_1 in screen Screen_1 contains inconsistent data and should be deleted." Our ActiveX contains another ActiveX, SAXComm for serial communications. And WinCC raises the same error even used alone in WinCC. I am suspicious about SAXComm object that it drives our ActiveX into this error. I have tried with several another ActiveX files without errors. I have googled around, but could not find any satisfactory result, does anybody have experience about this error?

Hi. We are talking about wincc flexible ?; which version ?; what panel ?; use the runtime on a PC? To start I'll tell you that siemens panels use OS Win Ce. ..so.. if you want work with Vb script (writing on MMC or ethernet) you must use the file system of WinCE. See this link Bye

It is WinCC Flexible 2008, Build: V1.3.0.0_1.83.0.1 I have a project about product traceability and management. I I am trying to use my own ActiveX controller. Normally, manual says that is is possible to reference a property of ActiveX as HMIRuntime.Screens(1).ScreenItems("MyObject").Property = Foo or Dim objTemp Set objTemp = HMIRuntime.Screens(1).ScreenItems("MyObject") objTemp.Property = Foo Unfortunately, it causes a crash on runtime. I found the only way as creating a tag and linking it on a property by using 'Properties->Tag Assignment" It is slow but working. However, it is not possible to read any property of an ActiveX control in WinCC, 'Tag Assignment' is also not working because I guess that it is only working only in one direction, it just copies the contents of a tag to the property of ActiveX, reverse is not possible. Also, I have tried to pass some information as a parameter of an event, however it is also not possible to do it. Finally, I have programmed multiple events in my ActiveX to achieve my goal (After scanning barcode, search records from database and make a decision one of 'divert,direct and wait' options. However, WinCC is a heavy software and running too slow. I am using it as a customer requirement. Thank you very much for your interest GixRamones, finally I have got a solution with lots of tricks, and I am writing this post as a reference for this trouble, it may also work for someone else. As a conclusion, WinCC Flexible is good if you: - are not an experienced programmer and want to do nothing more than clicking on screen - Just use it as an HMI - don't have a big project And avoid using WinCC - For complex projects - Complex decision systems requiring database operations - with third party ActiveX I also want to try ProDave and/or LibnoDave for PC - SIEMENS communication in my next projects, I think it will be a light solution for me