Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jacques

TCP SOCKET SERVICE

5 posts in this topic

Hi Hope somebody can help me, trying to connect a Moxa RS232 converter to Ethernet convertor to a CJ1M ETN11 through socket services. If you connect the scales to the Moxa unit and open the port via Hyperterminal I can see the weight, but tried to use hard code to open the port on the ETN 11, I think we managed to get this going because the lights is flashing after I trigger the start bit, but if you monitor the status bit the connection is open and close, open and close don't know if the is correct? But the error is gives me is a 4A error which means according to the manual the the unit is not passive. Anybody that might have work with these converter, please assist...

Hi Jacques The CJ1M with built-in ethernet doesn't support socket services. The seperate ETN21 does. Pp

wait, usually in cj1m-cpuxx-etn21 is etn 21 right? so built-in ethernet unit with cj1m should support socket services?

Where does it say it it a CPU-ETN? Could easily be he has a separate CJ1W-ETN11, which does support socket services. In that case, see attached manual. W343_E1_04_CS_CJ_Ethernet_Units_Operation_Manual.pdf

Thanks for all the help, we've managed to get the comm's working after a long struggle, true the CJ1M Cpu's with build in Ethernet doesn't support socket services, but we used ETN11 card which does. The problem was that we did only monitor the data status that been send across and never the connection status, the Moxa unit must be set to TCP server and an active connection must be establish first with the Moxa unit from the PLC. I do have the code in CX-programmer if somebody needs this ever. Thanks again for all the help...