Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

wonderware intouch translation

5 posts in this topic

Hi there, i've just finished my project with intouch. im ready now to translate in russian but i have a little problem i've exported the dictionary of my project and was saved in xml format. how can modify it? there is some internal wonderware tool or have i to use some external software? I have to translate in russian language so i need an editor that support cyrillic thank you so much valerio

Valerio, What version of InTouch are you using? Within InTouch 10 and 10.1 there is a language switching option built in. Best regards,

Thanks Paul for answer. Im using InTouch 10 I've used the built in language option. Then I used Notepad++ as suggested by Wonderware site to modify the language .xml file. But i had a problem. If i try to write cyrillic on xml editor ie can't recognise russian font (i read only "??????") and i read "?????" also in the project during runtime any good idea? thanks again

I think your issue is with the encoding of the document. By default standard Notepad will open a document with ANSI encoding. Cyrillic script is Unicode based so you need to re-save the file with the Unicode encoding (in the Save As window there’s a drop-down menu for you to select the encoding option). I’ve just downloaded NotePad++ and the encoding option isn’t present on the save option. Instead you need to open the file and go to Format > Encode in UCS-2 Little Endian.

Hi Paul, i've done as you wrote before. So, with word page translation it's all ok. But I have a problem with alarm Translation I've exported them, then encode in little endian without modify strings. Then try to import but error occurred. The program tells me to read log file, but i dont know where. The only thing that i've seen is that during export i have a message that tells me that some alarm stings are longer then maximum allowed. Probably is there the mistake? Thanks again Valerio