Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ParaffinPower

NS on ethernet

4 posts in this topic

Hi all If I have an NS on ethernet, and the cable is disconnected, the screen stays the same. With serial, it would say "Connecting..." Is there any way for the NS to detect the comms has failed? Cheer, Pp

well, back when ns system software was 6.2 i had the same problem. to indicate in some way that there is comm error on plc-ethernet-ns configuration, i did the following: in plc: cio3200 increment by 1 every sec in ns: create a project script, when a value changed (the value is $SW14 - ns seconds counter). the script is: $W3201=$W3201+1; IF (($W3201 >= 10 AND $B1000 == 0) OR ($W3201 >= 15 AND $B1000 == 1)) $W3201 = 0; $W3202 = READHOSTW($W3200,1,100,3200,1); ENDIF; IF ($W3202 != 0) $B1000 = 1; ELSE $B1000 = 0; ENDIF; so, if $B1000 is 1 then i make visible some lamp that says COMM ERROR. that's it. it works on every 10 (if there is communication) or 15 (if there is no communication) seconds. if i remember correctly, when you use the READHOSTW command (unlike READCMEM), if it fails (no comm) it triggers a system pop-up window with warning. should check that though. Edited by tashinz

My screens drop out with a warning if comms fail. Try the latest firmware or firmware in NS designer folder.