Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
compaqnx6325

The activation file is only boot from flopy disk

2 posts in this topic

Rs Logix 500 the activation file is only boot from flopy disk insteal from hard driver. Since I can not run RS Logix 500 without a activation file in flopy disk. This happened after I update to XP SP3 couple weeks ago. I never get this problem with XP SP2 and ealier. Is XP SP3 the main reason? How I can I fix? Please help, thanks

To quote/paraphrase 1. You have RSlogix 500 {Version undeclared} on your PC {Windows XP} 2. You upgraded your operating system from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3 3. The system uses the older EVRSI Activation not the newer Factory Talk (Assuming here) 4. The activation was on the hard drive and now you must insert the master floppy boot disk to get RSlogix to work. IF the above is the case the SP upgrade corrupted your activation file. Call RA Tech Suooprt or visit their website to reset your activation to your floppy. Then move the fresh activation from the floppy to the hard drive with one of the EVMove executables. If my assumptions 1 - 4 are invalid please correct and we'll help you with that problem.