Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jylilaht

CQM1H CLK problem

8 posts in this topic

Hai. Our customer has 5 cqm plc's connected to each other via controller link. One of the plc's doesn't start communicating via controller link only run led is on and link led is flashing on CLK card. I haven't found any routing tables set and afaik CQM CLK cards don't need any right? We've tried restarting plc and replacing card but it doesn't seem to help. There's also some AR bit which starts communication I've tried to reset it too. Only thing left I can imagine is loading data link tables again? I wonder if missing data link table could cause this? Just feels kind of weird since I cannot connect to plc with network configuration tool via controller link. Normal toolbus works ok. Part of problem is that it's kind of critical system so I cannot go around and test stuff on the fly :p Anyone seen similar stuff before? :/

Hi, Several causes could lead to this situation. What are the other indicators statuses? Are you using manual or automatic datalinks? Attached a section from the manual troubleshooting section. I suggest you download the complete manual W309-E1-08 and study the possible causes. p.s. is the INS led OFF ? In that case it is a hardware problem. Check network integrity and terminators. Pages_from_W309_E1_08_Controller_Link_Units_Operation_Manual_2.pdf

Yes. Only RUN link is on and LINK is flashing. INS is off like all others. I guess I will try finding out if there's hardware problem somewhere. Terminators seemed to be functioning (status leds) and Cables should be ok since I can connect straight to another plc after this node. Three other nodes in network are working normally but one (node 1 which is right before this second node which isn't working) has lost data link table for some reason, I could connect to it via controller link though so I could see diagnostics and stuff. It kind of feels related but doesn't make sense -.- I double triple checked the node adresses and stuff too those should be ok.

INS should be ON on all units. Off means in short the unit does not see a healthy network. - Check network cabling (proper cable, proper trunk line structure, not star!) - Check network termination at both ends is ON - Measure ohms impendance - If all checks ok put the network speed on lowest setting

Physical network has been checked it is ok. Terminations are ok. 4 of 5 CLK cards in network are working properly only node 2 isn't. When I check diagnostics on polling/startup node (1) it says everything is ok except node 2 which isn't communicating. Node 2 doesn't show anything in it's own diagnostics bits, they're all 0. There's automatic datalink table used, other logics have manual datalink setting but I assume it shouldn't affect? If I disconnect the node from physical network should INS led still be lit if I reset the CLK card with DM6400 bits 14 and 15 and boot? And should I have datalink startup bit turned off on all plcs or node 2 when I try to startup? I suspect I am doing something wrong in some stupid way but as stupid as I am I can't figure out what or then CLK card is just broken (it should be brand new card) in a way it doesn't start at all.

Hello everybody I already have the same situacion as jylilaht, does anybody knows the solution of that trouble? I'm in a kind of emergency, it's very urgent. I will be very grateful Best Regards!

I never got quite finished with this but there was something really weird with node 2 which wasn't working. In the end I suspected cabling through node 2 because we set up test plc with brand new cablings and it worked fine, only if we tried to setup node 2 plc it wasn't working coud have been even problem with node 2 cpu or some i/o card. Needless to say no one ever got this system working properly. Factory was closed for other reasons later so sadly I didn't get chance to try out replacing hardware or cables. If possible I strongly suggest get temporary cables and test plc, disconnect node which isn't working and connect test plc with new cables instead. If test plc is working there is hardware or cabling problem with faulty node. If not possible to set up test plc at least measure voltage/resistance etc. you can imagine on cables and try replacing hardware parts one by one on faulty node. Also make sure you do right steps when booting up the system. Controller link has very specific way for starting up. If you start nodes in wrong order it might not work, that's why you should have everything running on backup power in case of blackouts. Or at least "master" node. Also check terminations. If you just replaced card which needs termination there might be problem there. If you have link on automatic mode like we apparently had there when nodes start and you have one missing it doesn't necessarily work properly when you initialize system. Just few ideas. Finding fault in these cases can be time consuming because diagnostics isn't really that great in these old models. Or hell, in any omron system I've encountered this far.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Sorry that the factory closes and you could never try these ideas. I think it can be a faulty unit, because I try the communication with another cable and I have the same result. In the manual's troubleshooting, I check all the cases and again, the same result, it doesn't help it a lot. I'm using a CJ2M CPU34 PLC and the CLK21-V1 Controller Link Unit, we use different devices but we have the same problem haha Well, thanks again Best Regards