Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Krell

Has anyone every used these Wago devices?

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience with these? http://www.wago.com/wagoweb/documentation/...at/d033300d.pdf I purchased a few of these to give them a try on a project. I hooked it up on my test bench and it was relatively easy to get to communicate and I was pretty excited about it. Then, I noticed that completely lost power to my test bench. When i flipped the breaker back on I realized the problem was a short inside of the 750-333 coupler. It was smoking like a crazy. So, I thought these things were pretty good, but i am a bit nervous about installing these if they are not going to last. Any FBK would be recommended. Does anyone else know of some remote profibus options?

Hi Mike. I havent worked with Wago DP couplers. As to options, there is Beckhoff - their products are VERY similar to Wago's. Actually they shared the development initially with Beckhoff providing the networking part, and Wago providing the terminalpart. After that they have parted ways. Not sure if they are compatible with each other today. Another option is Phoenix Contact. One of our subsuppliers swear by them. But we use Siemens for our products. edit: Without knowing what the problem was, a complete "meltdown" sounds strange. Since you have used it in your test stand, is it possible that someone have dropped lose strands of wire into the device ? We always cover the top of all electronics until the electricians are finished with wiring the panel. Edited by JesperMP

There is no way, its in my office. Noone touches it but me. And i hacked the device apart to look inside and i can clearly see the problem was a failed component. I have seen the Beckhoff system and it seems very similar to the Wago. Does the Pheonix Contact devices support Profibus DP?

Hmmm... that is as bad a first impression as you can get methinks. Oh well, it is up to you to decide about them. About Phoenix Contact, then I believe they are as reliable as Siemens (otherwise my subsupplier wouldnt touch them), but at an approximately 30-40% lower cost. For sure they work with Profibus. Without Profibus these suppliers in open competition wouldnt stand a chance.