Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phuz

FactoryTalk View (Site Edition) Popups not loading

3 posts in this topic

I'm completely baffled so I need some help. We have a FactoryTalk View (SE) server. It had 3 clients using a VersaView comparable HMI. Those three clients AND the server have no problem populating popups with the code we are using. However, I tried to use the client from my laptop, using an extended desktop (this worked no problem 4 weeks ago) and I can pop up some of the pop-ups, but not others. We have two popup graphics that are called from a bunch of buttons using parameter files. The two buttons use IDENTICAL code (with the exception of the graphic being called and the parameter file) which is listed below: We have one popup for HOA control, which works fine on my machine, and the other for PID control, which when I click the buttons on the screen, it doesn't do ANYTHING. I thought maybe it had something to do with my extended desktop on a 2nd monitor, so I made that monitor my primary monitor. I also tried loading the graphic directly on my laptop without the other monitor attached. Something is going on in the client on my machine that is forbidding the one set of popups. But being that they use identical code to call the popup graphic, I am baffled beyond belief: This code works on the server + 3 other clients, so I am not going to change it, but just to show you how we are doing it: Private Sub btnCR9_Released() 'Declare local variables Dim strDisplayName As String 'Set error handler On Error Resume Next 'Set Display Name strDisplayName = "IMS_HOA" 'Unload active menu display If Len(LoadedDisplays.Item("IMS_HEADER").globalActiveMenuFileName) > 0 Then Application.UnloadDisplay LoadedDisplays.Item("IMS_HEADER").globalActiveMenuFileName End If 'Open display Application.ShowDisplay strDisplayName, "/PHOA_P2402" 'Set Display Name global variable LoadedDisplays.Item("IMS_HEADER").globalActiveMenuFileName = strDisplayName End Sub Edited by phuz

I narrowed it down a little. Trend objects prevent the display from loading because they aren't working on my machine. I opened the PID template in studio and went to "test" and it crashed studio.

Solved. It turns out the ActiveX object was somehow corrupt, and a simple re-install of View Studio corrected the problems. Matt