Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finfin

Load Image on Corrupt Memory not working

6 posts in this topic

Hi, all. I have an L32E with 16.2 firmware. I set up the non-volatile memory to load the image on corrupt memory. The help file says: "On Corrupt Memory – this causes a load whenever there is no project in the controller and you turn on or cycle power on the chassis." However when I clear the program and restart it, it does not load the image. when I tried to go online it says that I can't go online because there is no project in the controller. If I change the load image to "on power up" it works flawlessly. We don't want to use this option as data is lost each time the power is cycled. User initiated is also not an option we could live with.

I think the problem is that CompactLogix controllers work slightly differently from ControlLogix because they consider a blank default program to be valid. There are two Knowledgebase documents that address this issue: AID # 51297 CompactLogix with CompactFlash set to "Load on Corrupt Memory" transfer does not appear to work. AID # 33493 Loading or Restoring from CompactFlash "On Corrupt Memory" does not appear to work. The short summary is that you need to remove the battery and cycle power with the CF card intalled, to prevent the default program from remaining loaded.

Did that. My manager did it to and we just did it again. It does not work. I got it to work... Had to also have the key in remote mode. Thank you again, Ken. You're handier than pockets on a shirt! Edited by finfin

I was not the keyswitch... I think we were checking to see if the program was gone by turning it back on and then putting the card in and recycling the power. It also appears that a fresh out of the box processor will load the firmware then requires another fresh memory clearing before it will load the program. Still testing. Edited by finfin

the image programme has gone , change another image controller c# toload images again. you cannot use the button everytime.

To finish image loading correctly, images must be located in the data directory of the current sketch. Alternatively, the file maybe be loaded from anywhere on the local computer using an absolute path (something that starts with / on Unix and Linux, or a drive letter on Windows), or the filename parameter can be a URL for a file found on a network. Edited by charles1023