Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malc cope

RSView Messenger Service

6 posts in this topic

Hi All Just wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction, basically I have a site which up until recently used to recieve text messages if there were alarms on the system (SLC500 & RSview) , now for reasons unknown we no longer recieve messages, at first I thought it maybe due to Cellnet now replaced by O2 I have changed the dial up number to 07802000332, it would appear the modem etc is working correctly as the 'the phone number is not recognised' can be heard, also this has affected 2 different sites with similat setups, Any Idead?

The actual messages go out through Outlook, don't they? We have seen problems where Outlook updates (or a newer version is installed) and will not allow a program to send out messages by causing a question box to pop up every time it triggers a message. Outlook Express doesn't do this. We do however, hit some type of limit where we must reboot, then trigger a message manually. The first one usually doesn't go out but it is good for each message after the first one. When we reboot the PC once a week, we usually don't have a problem with it. Our sends out quite a few messages (approx 50/month) so yours may not see that much traffic and thus took longer to die.

Some months on and still have this problem, I am convinced the problem is the sms service centre number, if I change the number for any other valid phone number (i.e. my own mobile number) then the modem dials that number quite happily (i.e. my mobile rings). Does anyone at all have the required service centre number for Vodaphone in the UK?, either that or maybe some other ideas:

No the messages get sent via the modem as a SMS text message

Are you using a modem and a land line, or a GSM modem? 802000332 is the message centre for O2 from a mobile phone, or GSM modem. If you're using a landline, with Messenger set for a pager and TAP protocol, this number doesn't work for me. For a landline, I've been using 07785499993, TAP, UCP01, 8,N,1, no country code, but silly as it may sound, I don't know whether this is Vodafone or Orange. (Google the number for more info).

Hi Yes we are using a modem and landline, I also tried the first number with the same results, thanks for the number you have supplied, I will give it a try