Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gixer

E1101 comms

7 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, Got 2 E1101 terminals and 1 Fx2n. Usually connect 1 E1101 to the other by their RS232 ports and then from 1 of the E1101 to the plc by the RS422. Thought I'd try joining the 2 E1101 together this time via there RJ45 ports this time and see how it went. Anyone ever tried this and did it work ok ? Cheers Steve C Edited by gixer

Yes and yes. Edit: remember to use a crossover cable. Edited by Veganic

That was quick, Thanks Veganic, will now go and try and sort out the comms settings and i.p. settings. Thanks Steve C

I can't remember the details but I can check them out tomorrow if you need them.

Thanks Veganic, I've tried putting the settings in according to the manual (i think) but for some reason the "slave" E1101 wont talk to the plc. I put it back to RS232 and it works ok, no problem with that, so it must be the comm settings. Will keep on mucking about with settings but if you could help me out I would be grateful. Made up the cable according to the manual, with the cross overs, 1=3 etc, so I dont think it is the cable. Thanks Steve C

I've had one of those Fridays and not had a chance to look. I've not used the RS232 so don't know how different it is. On the one I did both HMI programs were identical. It went something like this: 'station 1' Connected to the PLC 'as normal' Set up a BDTP server. Address 168.192.1.2 say. 'station 2' Connected to station 1 Drag the PLC protocol to 'unused' in peripherals. Set up a BDTP client. Address 168.192.1.4 say. Set up the default client as station 1 address. Carry out a BDTP station change from 'none' to '1' If that is what you have done then I'll look for something in the fine print. I have a couple of E1071's so I should be able to test it Sunday or Monday.

VEGANIC, WORKS A TREAT, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. STEVE C