Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Anna

Connection between CQM1 CPU45 and computer

3 posts in this topic

Hi!!! I am working with a PLC Omron CQM1 CPU45 and, in an unfortunate way, have erased some directions of memory (among them the DMs). After this one erased it has turned out that whenever I am going to try to connect to the PLC across the command 'connect' in Syswin 3.2, does not allow it to me ordering me different messages,among them: ' incorrect FCS ' or ' received head-board not been worth ' or ' the connection has not taken place with the PLC '... I have tried to verify if the connection across the port series was damaged, opening the hyperterminal for the port formed in the PLC and, as result, have verified that the automaton is ordering constant something as ' @00EX146700 ... 00575B ' where they are in the habit of changing the last 4 numbers occasionally (they are the FCS). I would be grateful much if someone could tell me what is happening and how I can arrange it to be able to establish again the communication with the PLC. AH! Forget to say thatI have already tried to put the bit 5 of the CPU to ON to re-establish the connection for the serial port, but it has not served for anything, the connection has continued without re-establish Thank you very much in advance. Anna Edited by Anna

Syswin 3.2 is reporting these errors because the software does not expect the CQM1 serial port to be transmitting. If you can get the CQM1 CPU into the program mode which will make the CQM1 stop transmitting TXD commands, Syswin 3.2 should connect. How do you get the CQM1 into program mode? 1. Use a handheld programming console to change the mode of the CQM1 to program. 2. Use a CQM1-CIF02 programming cable into the peripheral port and allow Syswin 3.2 to put the PLC into Program mode. 3. Use a CPM1-CIF01 adapter and your current programming cable to put the PLC in Program mode. Afeter you accomplish putting the PLC into programming mode, you will need to put the CQM1 serial port into the No Protocol RS232 mode and your communications should re-establish. Unfortunately, though, you will have to match the baud rate and the framing to match whatever the computer is set.

From PM emailed by Ana: Syswin should work fine in the peripheral port using one of the adapters listed above. Yes, the Data Memories 6600 and above are read only and contain the setup for the PLC including the setup for the RS232 port.