Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevenPLC

RSView ActiveX Control Error

2 posts in this topic

I'm very new on RSView software. Recently got a sample program, but when I try to open some graphic display (say the display file name Page01), it prompts me "Unable to load ActiveX control for display Page01 cause: DSE_OCX_02.CMD:ActiveX control not found on computer. cause: DSE_INPUT_02.Input_Box:ActiveX control not found on computer. " Anyone can help tell me, how can I find those ActiveX control needed to open the graphic display? It's some files from the original PC of that program or need install sth else in my PC?

I've had similar problems a few years ago. Mine were caused by creating the application on a different computer... I found a nice scrolling marquee. worked great. After loading the application on the customer's computer, it would not open the screen and gave a similar response. From then on I vowed never to use activeX components in any RSView application again. The activeX exists on the original computer but not on the final use computer. You need an inventory of all software on the original computer that ran the application versus the computer that it is trying to be run on now. Your choice will be to add the software to the final use computer or rewrite the application without the activeX. I looked online for "DSE_INPUT_02" but didn't find any leads as to the program that uses this activex.