Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
traveler

GE QuickPanel Control (IC754CBL12CTD)

4 posts in this topic

Hello, All, The above mentioned GE QuickPanel meets our requirements for our embedded application but I don't want to use Proficy machine edition to program it since we don't use any GE's PLC or other hardware. We designed all embedded hardware. Does anybody know what development tools I can use? Thanks in advance. Mike

There are times when we need to do things that we don't want to do, this is one of those. It is not bad software and you do not need to license the parts you do not use.

The problem is we have all the codes written in C/C++ for our current control panel. To migrate to GE's QuickPanel, we are told we need to convert. It would be time saving if we can port all existing C/C++ codes to QuickPanel without converting them to one of logic languages Proficy ME provides.

I am guessing then that the code was written for a specific hardware platform that is no longer available or just getting too expensive. I doubt that it will cost more to convert to Proficy ME than to re-write for a new hardware platform unless your screens are very numerous and/or complex. There are other similar (to GE Fanuc QuickPanel) hardware platforms available where you can get the "right" stuff on the embedded OS. Try checking some of these out, one I have used is Axiomtek.