Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GAR&77

RSView restoring troubles

5 posts in this topic

Does any body know why is the RSView generating the folowing message each time I want to restore an .apa file "unable to restore the application, please check that: There is suficient space The application is not open elsewere The destination application does not already exist.

I've encountered this error when restoring from an apa and I already have a projec by that name. Check your manager and make sure no project of that name already exists.

Like Bob said, It is usually that you already have a project with the same name, try appending '_X' or something when you give it a name during the restore process. I've also seen this before even when all the things it tells you to check are not the problem. I fixed it by rebooting.

The other thing is that this error is reported if you have not installed RSLinx Enterprise. It is quite common for people to not do this as they seldom bother to read the installation instructions. Is this a recent ME installation? See Rockwell Tech Note 31130 http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1 Edited by JohnM