Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

convert ab 1200 to 1100

3 posts in this topic

Have a project where I used a AB Micro 1200 plc (1762-L24BWAR) and I used a combo analog card to look at a pressure switch input and control a 4-20ma steam valve. We are now wanting to build a couple more of the machines and ship them to one of our plants in El Salvador. I looked at using the slc500 plc, due to fact that it has the built in Ethernet port to allow me be able to connect to the machine when needed through our company network and monitor or assist with troubleshooting. The price for the slc when compared to the micro series is quite a bit. After reading TW's articles on the 1100, I have proposed to management that we look at using the micro 1100, which has the built in Ethernet option, as well as being able to do on line edits. On the original machine I used a 1762-IF2OF2 combo analog module. Would this same analog card work with the 1100. The main reason I would want to use the same card is due to fact that I have a couple of them on the shelf. Also, I have read TW's post on his first experience with the 1100, and another question I wonder is, could I take the program that I wrote for the 1200 and go in and change the plc type and possibly change some addressing of the I/O points and be able to use the same program. I do not have a 1100 plc to experiment with. Thanks

Yes, all you would need to do is change the processor type. Be aware that the ML1100 has a four module limit for expansion IO. The new MicroLogix 1400 may be a better choice for you - it has 20 inputs and 12 outputs on the base unit. Some models have 4 analog inputs and two analog outpus on the base unit. It also supports up to seven expansion modules. See http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...pp001_-en-p.pdf for more information. Edited by Alaric