Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

RSView ME 4.0 Strange Behavior

3 posts in this topic

I ran into a real strange problem today. I have a working ME application - I've edited it before with Station 4.0 but must always compile the MER as 3.2 to preserve the security features. Today I added a new screen. I duplicated an existing unsecured default screen. Changed the name and screen number and added the graphics I wanted after deleting some of the original graphics. Next I went to my default screen and copied a gotoscreen button and pasted a copy of it on the default screen. Changed it's properties to point at my new screen. Compiled the MER to 3.2 and Downloaded. The new Goto Button was invisible. Then I logged in as a priviledged user and the button was there. Next I deleted the Goto Buttons in Station and chose to duplicate rather than copy /paste. This time the Goto Buttons were visible for the default user. Any thoughts?

Never seen that, but I've had RSView crash just trying to copy something in the first place.

Hi Bob, I have tried to replicate the duplicate vrs copy problem but cannot. The only thing I can't do is actually down load it to the hardware, instead I am using the View Studio Run Time (little running man) on my pc. I have even copied and pasted from another "second" instance of View Studio and still can replicate the issue you are having. I have exported the display to an xml file and looked at each variable and they are identical hence they operate in the same way. Are you able to consistently reproduce this problem? What is the expression in the Animation/Visibility section of both buttons (the dulicated one and the copied one)? Edited by KidPLC