Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pirate

HMI Ping Macro

6 posts in this topic

Can anyone help me write a ping macro (or tell me where to get a bit more information than available in the Mitsi books) to ping a remote address from our E1043 and see the ping results? Many thanks

Have you contacted mitsubishi support? Usually pretty good on this sort of 'undocumented' stuff. I'll have a play with it on Monday.

Hi Pirate! In E-Designer (or information desginer) go to functions and then Macros. A new window is open, then Add new macro, give it a name and press ok. Then mark the new macro and Insert Event. In the new window you have a field called External Command. In the textbox for command you type PING and in the texbox for argument you type the IP you wont to ping, ie. 192.168.1.10. Bellow you also have a couple of choices you can try, Show input panel = Yes/No (only touch) if an input panel should be displayed while the program is running Allow multiple instances = Yes/No if it is possible to run multiple instances of the program at the same time. Now you can call this macro from a buttom or a external trigger... In the help file for E-Designer you can search for macros and read more about this... Best Regards

I was assuming Pirate had tried that as it's documented.

Hehe yeah I dont know, maby he already have tried this

I've just tried it and it works for me without the show input panel checked.