Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Telstar_2112

GX Developer on a Vista Laptop?

2 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if GX Developer 8.55H works on a Vista laptop? I also need to use GT Works 2 and MR Configurator. Vista has been out for quite a while now so I would assume that there are updated drivers but could not find any. TIA, Telstar_2112.

Mitsubishi has a technical note indicating what versions are compatable with Vista. This tech note also shows how to install software which is not certified for Vista onto a Windows Vista machine. Email the tech support group via www.meau.com for a copy. With GX Developer it's 8.62 and above. But 8.55 is the latest official release from MEAU. GT-Works2 is supported as of 2.77, which is the latest US released version. I have not seen any indication that any of the MR Configurator packages are supported on Vista yet. Vista sucks. Buy VMWare, create a Windows 2000 (really stable and small) or Windows XP Pro (much larger) virtual computer and run that on Vista. I created a virtual machine with Windows 2K and nothing else, and it's only 2GB on the hard drive. The Windows XP one is 4GB. I've connected through those virtual machines to many PLCs and the software can't even tell it's on a virtual machine.