Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alekhandro

CX-Programmer instruction help

6 posts in this topic

Regards to everybody, I’m replacing an old Mitsubishi PLC with CS1D PLC and I would like to make sure which instructions can I use to replace the following instructions without having to change the whole ladder diagram. 1 2 3 1- For the MC & MCR do I just use a normal SET/RESET internal relay and use it's contact or is there another solution? 2- For SFT do I use the WORD SHIFT? 3- For the PLS do I use the DIFU?

1. The entire fragment of code subject to MC must be executed or skipped. Use unique label for each MCR and add JMP to this label parallel to the MC coil (under the coil). It will be no more MC contact in the left vertical ladder bus. 2. For SFT use SFT. 3. Yes. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Thanks a lot Sergei You've been a great help BUT can you please explain the MC/MCR again I can't seem to find this in the instructions manual (I mean MC/MCR instructures), do you mean the JMP will do the same function without the control contact on the vertical ladder bus? What if the contact (bit) that activates the JMP (004) is deactivated (false) befor the section program is executed between the JMP(004) and JME(005) will that bypass the section of the program or it will be executed normally untill it is reached the JME(005) instruction and it is reseted? Thanks again Edited by Alekhandro

Look up the interlock instructions IL and ILC, I think they may be what you need in place of MC and MCR. The attachment is from a CP1L/CP1H manual, but it should be the same for a CS1D. Hope that helps. Andy.

First of all, Andy_P is right, and IL/ILC is the direct equivalent of MC/MCR, while my suggestion is STL contact emulation. The difference will be in timers and coils behavior- they will not reset when skipped by JMP. The contact in the left vertical bus is specific to Mitsubishi and does not exist in neither solution for Omron. Nothing wrong happens if the JMP or IL condition changes during the interlocked code execution, as it will be analyzed again only in the next scan. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Andy Sergei Hey thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Let me go back to the instructions manual , and I'll let you guys know what happened. Thanks again. PEACE