Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Didro

FX2N-4AD-TC Power Supply Question

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, I've read the terminal layouts for FX2N-4AD-TC in its manual (FX2N-4AD-TC SPECIAL FUNCTION BLOCK USER’S GUIDE). (See the image below) Should I connect -24v of FX2N-4AD-TC to the 0 of FX3u PLC's built-in power supply ? Thank you

Yes that will be fine as long as you don't connect anything else that could overload the 24 Vdc supply from the PLC. Different models have different capacities (check the hardware manual). But if all you are adding is one extension block then you should be fine. Any decent regulated 24vdc supply will do as long as it meets the limits +/-10% etc shown in the drawing.

Yet another question about Power Supply. I'd checked the manual for FX3U and for my external blocks (such as ADC\Termocouple and etc.), and after simple calculation I see that I overdraw the PLC's Service Supply. So I should to buy external power supply. The question is: Could I buy unipolar (24v and 0v) power supply block (such as MeanWell DR-120-24)? Or I must buy bipolar (24v\-24v\0v) ? I'm again confused by the image above. Thank you in advance!

Unipolar. The PLC makes no use of -24VDC.

In terminal "+24" you need +24v DC In terminal "-24" you need 0v DC