Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YBC

Omron Vision Error Codes through Parallel Output

3 posts in this topic

Hi, We have a few F160 Vision Systems checking for multiple items in each scene. I was wondering if there is a way to output Integer Error codes through the Parallel outputs to the PLC not just a Pass or fail signal. For example if the inspect fails for Reason A it passes a value of 0000 0001 (1) if it fails for reason B it passes a value of 0000 0010 (2) and so on. Thanks for the help

There is a way to do this. I do not have the ability to test this today, but perhaps could do so next week. The basic idea is that you need to set your DATA Output (System -> Output -> Output device) to be parallel. Then you can use your variables to determine priority (ie if 2 errors are on at the same time which number will be output) to move the desired integer into the expression. Set up your pass fail criteria in each inspection. Then use the Region's Judge (R0.JG for example) when writing your variables. The key to note here is that if the region passes, R0.JG is a 0, if it fails then R0.JG is a -1. Here is an example of some variables that you might create. Lets assume that you want Region 2 to output a 2 and region 3 to output a 3. You might say: Variable0 = R2.JG*-2 (if R2 passes, then the answer is 0, if it fails, the answer is 2) Variable1= R3.JG*-3 (if R3 passes, then the answer is 0, if it fails, the answer is 3) Data0 = Variable0 + Variable1 (data0 is the actual output, you can have 32 different Data outputs that are strobed out the parallel port) So, you could set this up to strobe up to 32 different output codes out the digital output ports. This basic program however assumes that only one thing can fail at a time. If multiple inspections can fail at one time, you will need to either strobe them as suggested above or determine a priority that will only show the most important failure. Here is a way to do that: Using the same setup as described above and assuming that R3 is more important than R2. Variable0 = R2.JG*-2*(R3.JG+1) (if R3 fails as well as R2, then R3.JG will be -1 and R3.JG+1 will be 0, this will effectively eliminate the reporting of R2 failing) Variable1= R3.JG*-3 Data0 = Variable0 + Variable1 I hope that I have explained this well enough. A good reference manual to refer to would be Z146. It describes the communications setup for the F160.

Thanks for the help. I'll look into this and try and figure out how i can make it work. If i have any questions I'll let you know.