Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sjakko

Set time and date in NS5 display

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to change the time and date of a NS5-display by a PLC. I've tried to write to $SW14 - 18 but those registers can only be read. After studying all the manuals it seems to be impossible, but i can hardly believe that. I need this function because the PLC gets the time from an NTP-server and I want the display to have the same time as the PLC (for registering alarms, etc). Thanks for your help, Sjakko Edited by Sjakko

Does the NS5 have the macro facility like an NS8 for example? If so, check this out from the macro reference manual: Andy.

If you happen to have a CJ/CS series connected to the NS5 it can be done much easier, see attachment. Requires NS system version 5.0 minimum. Pages_from_PLC_revB_2.pdf

A ha, yes! But does that require a manual button press to use it? Andy.

True. Maybe this is worth a try *edit DANG! Address out of range... hmm

I do prefer a way without pressing a button, but I think there is a possibility with macro's (which are supported): PT --> Project Properties... --> Macro --> SET4 and then something to execute SETTIME with A351 from the PLC. I'll let you know the result...

It is possible! See the attached screenshot for the contents of the macro. Thanks to all of you! Best regards, Sjakko

Haha, guess what, I'm trying to do the same thing, and my colleague has done it already. I'm Danny by the way :)

One small addition, it is possible to replace the hostname with a hostnumber. Normally, you'll always use host 1. So hardcoding 1 in the macro is an almost idiotproof way of timesyncing out of the box. See attached images :)