Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BITS N BYTES

PLC Error popup window not working?

5 posts in this topic

Using CX-Programmer on-line with CJ1M-CPU23. When I try to view PLC Errors when clicking on the error file tab for the processor, an Icon for "Error Messages" appears in the Windows taskbar but not usual complete and detailed Error Message popup window. When I try to Restore or Maximize from the task bar icon NOTHING HAPPENS. This used to work just fine and it was very easy and convenient to view/troubleshoot/clear errors. I now have to go online and view the PLC A files to discover the error codes - a real PITA. Anyone experienced a similar problem or has a solution?

Hello BITS N BYTES, Do you mean that the Error Log window is never displayed (other than as an icon in the Task Bar)?

Had a look in the registry, but nothing obviously controlling the size of the Error Log window. Is it possible to re-install PLC tools? (This provides the Error Log component). In the meantime, I'll keep a lookin'.

Yep - that's exactly what is happening!! What do you mean in your next post by by "Is it possible to re-install PLC tools?" THNX Edited by BITS N BYTES

Hi B N B, What I mean is, run the CX-One installer, but select 'repair', 're-install' or whatever it's called (I'm flying by the seat of my pants here by the way, I currently do not have access to the version currently installed on my PC, so I can't actually try this - server problems!), and there ought to be an option to select the "PLC Tools", which comprises of OCX files for PLC Settings, Error Log, Memory Component, Clock, IO Table, Memory Card component, Data Trace, Data Links, Routing Tables etc. Although some of those (i.e. Data Link and Routing Tables) have probably been integrated into CX-Integrator. I can't find much else that may have caused this - except that the OCX for the Error Log has become corrupted.