Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pfort

Current monitor with CJ1W-TC003

2 posts in this topic

Hi, i need help with CJ1W-TC003. (2 loops with heater burnout) Heater current monitor for loop 1 of unit 0 is 2013 and for loop 2 of unit 0 it is 2014. (n+13 or n+14) 1: I want to display the current on an HMI. 2: I want detect if, because of a fautive SSR, current is flowing even if the output of the controller is OFF. My problem is: when the output of the controller is off (because it is 0% or Stop Bit is ON), the value in the word for heater current monitor (n+13 or n+14) keep the last value before the output was OFF. So, because it is not monitored when output is not ON, i can not display the true value when it is 0, and I can not generate an alarm if current is flowing when it should not. Someone has a solution? Hope my english understandable

I have had a look at the W396 manual. 1. You haven't mentioned the HMI model you are using but you would need to configure a numeric display object that points to n+13/n+14. The BCD range is 0-0550 and the binary range is 0-0226 so that means this already is a scaled value in 0.1A units as the range of the CT is 0-55.0A. So no need to scale in the PLC first. 2. I think you have answered your own question. I could not find a statement in the manual saying that the CT reading freezes when the output is off but I asume you have checked. Only other option would be to wire the CT leads parallel to an additional ordinary analog voltage input. Not really clean though, better would be to add a secondary CT. In both cases you would need to know the CT ratio/range, I could not find this information in the datasheets nor manuals. Hope this helps!