Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Van

H: RS232 will not RCV if using ENT21?

2 posts in this topic

Equipment: CJ1M-CPU12 ETN (ETN21) Using the CPU's ENT21 and the CPU's RS232 I have programmed three tasks: 1. XMT - Transmit data to my FUJI inverters via RS232. 2. RCV - Receive data from my FUJI inverters via RS232. 3. NET - Network send/recv via ETN21. If I enable the NETWORK task, the RCV task will no longer receive RS232 traffic. However, if I disable the NETWORK task, the RCV task works just fine. I have poured over and over and over my Symbols and memory assignments to make sure nothing is stepping on one another. I have run the Validate Symbols, etc. I went back to the manuals to find if I could not use both I/O devices at the same time. I can't seem to find anything mentioned like that (nor did I expect too). I am at a loss as to why that when the NETWORK is enabled (using Omron TCP function blocks OPEN, CLOSE, SEND, and RECV) the RS232 WILL TRANSMIT data but WILL NOT RECEIVE data. I know data is being sent back (used a sniffer and I can see it) and, like I said, if I disable the NETWORK task it works fine. Anyone have any idea why this is occurring?

No solid ideas, but its not something like your using the same logical ports? Post a snippet of those, may help to see what is happening. A 2nd pair of eyes can be priceless for situations like these.