Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon W

PV1000 Upload problem

9 posts in this topic

I am trying to upload an existing panel view application (PV1000) to my PC using the DF1 port connected to my PC through a USB to serial adapter. When I start the upload all cmmunication is Ok and the file will start to transfer but only get anywhere fro 2 to 10% complete before dropping out and giving an error. The PV is hooked up to a Logix 5500 through the RIO and is communication with the PLC but the machine is not running at the time. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Is your PV a stanadard PV or PV+? (if standard I may be able to help) Can you give us the complete catalog number of your PV. Are you using RSLinx or the file transfer utility? Try RSLinx if not using it. Not all USB to Serial adapters are alike some work some don't. The "Keyspan" brand does work. Edited by Mickey

It is 2711-T10C1, I open RSlinx lite classic and configure the driver then go to panel buider 32 and use the file transfer utility, I have used this USB to serial adapter before on a micro logix 1000 with no problem.

Make sure the RS232 port on your PV is not set to use a printer. Check offline program if you have one or the config screen on your PV. Try to upload by just clicking on upload under file in PB32. (not the transfer utility, although this should not make a difference). I'l assume RSLinx sees the PV ok.

I have tried all that except lookig at the config screen on the PV (no buttons)

See PDF below for how-to get to the config screen. Do you see the PV in RSLinx's RSWho? PVconfigscreen.pdf

I see on rslinx rs who after I auto config, I just talked to another guy who is another resource and he also suggested the Keyspan USB adapter. I will give that a try. Thanks for all your help.

I agree, you can get one at link below if you don't already have one. http://www.plctrainer.net/

Also, if you're having trouble with an upload or download, you can bypass that process entirely by inserting an ATA flashcard in the slot in the back and commanding the terminal to upload or download to the card from the config screen.