Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mugs

Melsec F2 Mneumonics - Instruction help...

2 posts in this topic

I have an old Melsec F2-60, that we are going to upgrade with a new PLC. The problem is that I can't get in to it and only have a list of the mneumonic code writen out and some of it doesn't make sense. Specifically, there is a counter, C660, which is set up as an up counter, that is being used to check positions of an indexing table. They are using a compare F670-(K43), to check the positions. What doesn't make sense is that they have several compares, one for example has the K1 value set at 7, with K2 set at 25, and they are looking at 572, I believe it is, which is the zero flag. My understanding of the zero flag is that it is only on when the current value is >= k1, and ,<= k2. This would mean for example that the one station is enabled when the counter is 7 or higher, which makes sense for starting station 7 on start up, but not stopping it after 25 indexes. I suppose the question is if I am understanding the compare and counters correctly in my assumptions? I haven't started to interpret the SFT in there yet, but I'm sure I'll have more questions when I get there... Thanks.

Mugs Your assumptions are preety much correct and what you should see is the following. When your counter is below 7 M573 should be on. When your counter is between 7 and 25 M572 should be on When your counter is greater than 25 M571 should be on Rodney