Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brinkmann

RS View ME 4.0 H-O-A

7 posts in this topic

Looking through the manual I probably missed it. We need to have a Hand-Off-Auto switch. Hand turns on one bit, auto turns on another. We could use 3 monentary pushbuttons and latch the bits, but this seems bulky. Any ideas? Thanks!

I just finished one with a set of three interlocked push buttons. they each set the value of one word. With the value I set the proper bits in the PLC. You could use one word and set the value to "0", "1" and "2" thus "0" is no bits on "1" is the bit zero on, and "2" is the bit 1 on. My three buttons are shown across the center of the screen shot. Pressing one button "unpresses" the others. Edited by finfin

thanks fin, would have been nice in a single button.

Interlocked pushbuttons relate to one another because they all write to the same tag. I do it like finfin does; one integer tag where Off sets it to 0, Hand sets it to 1, and Auto sets it to 2. That way I can use bit 0 in logic as "Hand" and bit 1 in logic as "Auto". I guess RSView Studio could let you create all the buttons simultaneously and cojoin them, but I usually copy-paste, align, then use the Property Panel -> Connections tab to set them all to the same tag.

You could create on pushbutton to cycle through the values for the word. Set the border to "none" and the back style to "transparent", then create a multistate indicator to read "F1 Hand", "F1 Auto", and "F1 Off" depending on the value of the word. This would look like a single button that changes between three states. You could also push a button to open a small "on top" screen with a control list selector and a close button (hidden or shown).

You can : 1.) Create A multistate pushbutton 3 states 2.) State 1 assign SW2 to image. (Located in /images/parts) 3.) State 2 assign SW3 to image box 4.) State 3 assign SW1 to image box 5.) Border style None 6.) Back Style Transparent 7.) Assign your connection 8.) Uncheck Border uses back colour 9.) Resize button to show graphic. 10.) Add Text Hand-Off-Auto Creates a 3 postion toggle switch. Edited by enigma

the only problem with this is that it doesn't work like a hand off auto switch. you either can't get to off from auto or you can't get to off from hand. linked push buttons connect in a chain. PB1 -> PB2 - > PB3 recycle PB1 ... need a way to get to PB2 from PB3...