Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmmaint

GTWorks comm with GOT970-TBA

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I have my PC running GTWorks on serial com1 trying to upload the file from my GOT970-TBA's built in RS-232 port. I keep getting comm errors. I am using a homemade FX-232CAB1 serial cable as shown in the attached photo. I am not fluent in Mitsubishi. What are the comm basics for these devices? Any special steps to doing what I am trying? Thanx. Jaden

All you should have to do is connect the cable and tell the software which COM port to use. No other settings are typically required to be changed from defaults.

My partner thinks that the OEM that built our machine loaded the GOT file with a memory card, and deleted the serial driver in the GOT. Kind of a proprietary user file protection system. Have you heard of something like that? Thanks, Jaden PS. Thanks for that last reply Crossbow. I appreciate the help.

Unless the port is changed to communicate with a PLC via different com port settings than the default it should work. There is no way to delete a comm driver and lock you out. It's just not possible.

Correct me if im wrong but when you do a ROM_BIOS Install in your communication setting it gives you this caution, maybe this will help. ROM_BIOS is installed in the GOT by applying ROM_BIOS install During ROM_BIOS install, contents that are stored in GOT internal memory (1) Monitor data (2) Special Module/Motion/Servo amplifier monitor data (3) OS(Basic functions, PLC communications driver, extended functions, etc.) will be erased. If necessary, before carrying out ROM_BIOS install to preserve (1) Monitor data Using the screen creation software select "Communication" "Upload" Use the GOT utility, "Screen copy" "Internal memory -> Memory card" to move the data. During ROM_BIOS install, on the GOT screen "Standard monitor install" will be displayed but this is not a problem so do not interrupt ROM_BIOS install, wait until it has been completed. After completing ROM_BIOS install, the first time the GOT is started (by either reconnecting the power or using the reset switch) the GOT ROM_BIOS will be automatically re-written. During re-writing, do not turn off the power or press the rest switch. In the case of the power supply being turned off, the GOT will be unable to restore normal functions. During re-writing and completion please follow the directions shown on the GOT screen. After completing ROM_BIOS install, (1)OS (Basic functions, PLC communications driver, extended functions, etc.) (2)Special Module/Motion/Servo amplifier monitor data (3)Monitor data should be re-installed/re-downloaded. <Points of caution when connecting with PLC CPU bus> During ROM_BIOS re-writing, since the GOT cannot recognize the PLC CPU in order to avoid influencing equipment external to the GOT Please be certain to Turn off the power to the PLC CPU GOT by switching the power OFF then ON.

That information deals with downloading the ROM BIOS (basically the firmware) to the screen. It has nothing to do with uploading a program. The ROM BIOS must be installed in the GOT first, then the standard monitor OS, and then the user project. So his screen would already have a ROM BIOS downloaded. To download it again would erase the entire screen.