Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tommu

micrologic 1100 pls

7 posts in this topic

I have an encoder on a shaft and have to phaze shift the Z pulse I was looking at the 1100 pls I got the pls to set the output bit on the range and turn it off at the second point but I need the Z to reset the counter every time it comes arount to keep phase shift X number of counts off the original position. any suggestions tom

Set your mod to 7 and connect the z marker to Input 3...might be Input 2...can't remember. This should cause the counter to reset everytime it sees the Z marker

Thanks for the reply Yes the mode 7 and will reset the counter but the out put stays on from the time it gets triggered with the preset until the Z pulse comes around. I was looking at the pls so I could turn it on with 1st preset off with the second (on at 150 off at 170 for Example) but the pls dosen't "reset" with the Z pulse and start counting over it just keeps counting on. tom

Ok missed the output problem in your first post. Depending on how time critical the turning off of the output is... Scan time dependent - Put a rung in your program to unlatch the output with a one shot based on that reset input Immediate Interrupt - Setup an EII based off of the reset input to unlatch the output.

Actually, scan time dependent method won't work. Use the EII

Thanks again for the replys I'm not famiular with EII instruction and it wasent in the SLC instruction set can you explain it tom

The EII is in the function files where you configure the HSC. It allows you to execute a ladder the moment an input goes high or low. Think of it as an OSR or OSF that is not scan time dependent