Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
max

MX Sheet Delay and data dropout

2 posts in this topic

Hi, i've a system with a FX2n connected with GOT900 with 422. A PC is connected to GOT via RS232. In the PC there is a program that use MX sheet for write into the PLC "numbers" every 1 second. The total sequence is made of 8000 logging: 8000 seconds. After circa 200 logging mx starts to have delay and data dropout. If a limit the sheet to 2500-3000 write all goes well. Now my intention is to speed up the connection with a Ethernet connection. Id like to use a ENET-ADAPT from Mitsub. So my questions are: 1) I think to leave the link between the GOT and the PLC via 422 2) Add the ENET-ADP to FX2N and connect the PC to PLC via Ethernet. 3) Apart the setting of MX components an MX sheet (kind of ports,TCP/IP adress etc) what is necessary add to the GX Developer code(Software) that now goes via RS232? In other words,if i change only the setting of communication parameters the Main program developed for 232 is ok,or i must add,chenge something?? Tahnks for any Help Regards, MAX

To use the FX2NC-ENET-ADP you will also need an FX2N-CNV-BD. You will have to set a couple of data registers in the PLC to set the IP address, default gateway, and subnet mask. Then you will have to change your setup in MX-Sheet to use this Ethernet connection. Be sure that the version of MX-Sheet supports the Ethernet to an FX2N. They don't sell that product in the US, so I have no experience with it.