Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mo_AB_4EVER

B&R Power Panel Communication with ControlLogix

3 posts in this topic

Hello to all A-B Ethernet communications Gurus out there. Here's your new challenge. I want to establish communications over Ethernet between a B&R Automation Power Panel model 220 and a ControlLogix 1756-61 Cpu via a 1756-ENBT. So far I set up a "Generic Ethernet Module", pointing to the IP adress of the IF5 port of the PP220. The problem is that I am not programming the B&R PP220, just the A-B side. What I'm looking for is the right numbers to punch in for input, output and config assembly instances in the general tab of the module. Are these numbers predefined for B&R of are they setup in the user code of the B&R?? Has anyone of you out there already done this, and could post some help and sample code for the B&R PP220 that I could forward to the programmer? Thanks in advance, that would really help us out!

In Automation Studio, open the help. Read the info about the AsEthIP library

When I have to poke around an EtherNet/IP slave device that I'm unfamiliar with, I start with Assemblies 1 and 2 for the Input and Output assemblies, with symmetrical sizes (I start with 16 or 32 Words). Most devices don't use the Configuration Assembly, so I designate it Assembly 6 and Size 0 (a no-operation mechanism I saw used with some AC drives). I have a strong feeling that the B&R programmer is going to have to tell you which Assemblies, sizes and data types he is setting up. B&R's PowerLink protocol competes with EtherNet/IP, but their X20BC0088 I/O controller passed the ODVA Conformance Test for EtherNet/IP about six months ago (according to the ODVA website). I don't see anything about the PP220 "Power Panel".