Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tony

TIMEOUT / COMMS FAILURE memory card

5 posts in this topic

Goodafternoon all, I have a problem with one CJ1M_CPU12 with etn21, I log dm and write these to the memcard in .CSV once a day to a specific directory. When I open the memcard in the project workspace in cxp 6.11 I can see the directory but when I try to read it I get TIMEOUT/COMMS FAILURE - OPERATION FAILED! I acces the plc over the internet so its quit inoying because I can't be on site to try and fix it. Is there anything I can remotly do? Greetz Tony

have you tried to upload it by FTP? this worked allright for me till now Beegee

I have tried in the past with this machine to make a portmapping in the router to acces de ftp server over the internet but I didn't manage to get it working. I think it would be best to by ftp, but I am a little cautious changing the router settings from a distance location.. If I mess it up I'll risk not accesing the PLC at all.. greetz Tony

Ok, I took the risk and did some work on the router and I can acces the ftp server now ! I can download the files without any problems now. I first tried portforwarding 2100 for the connection, but that didn't work good because I kept on having list errors, logging in worked ok, but no replys cam through from the server. now on 21 it works fine, Is there a limited number of ports available for the ftp connection? And also is it neccesary to have the ftp clients IP in the routing table? Greetz Tony

port 21 is the standard FTP port. I don't know if all software work all right with other port numbers. You don't need the FTP clients to be registered in the routing table. (I think it is never necessary, even for UDP/TCP, if you keep conversion in Auto mode and not in IP address table) Beegee