Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TurboDurbin

Local ControlNet Node

9 posts in this topic

I need to be able to display the node number on the GDU because it will save me from having to change it on different gdu screens and projects. I used a MSG instruction to get the IP information from the ENBT card I just need to get the info from the CNB\E card. This is a 1756-ControlLogix Chassis. I think all I need to do is know the Class, Instance, and Attribute for the CIP Generic Message Type. Please help me if you could.

See Technote 19053. Also see TN 24538 in case you need other info from device

I called tech support and they gave me that same TN# 19053 which I found however I can not fins the 24538 that you referenced or the 25592 that they referenced when I was on the phone. Is there something I am doing wrong when searching the knowledgbease?

I believe your problem is a common one. If your search the knowledgebase for the phrase "old technote" you'll see the difference between Technote ID# and the newer answer ID. The numbers that RA and Contr_Conn gave you appear from my searches of the the knowledgebase to be answer ID. In fact searching by ID and not PREV TN# yileds the following article titles 19053 - Obtaining the 1756-CNBR's ControlNet Station Address. 24538 - CIP Messaging Reference. Good Luck and try your search using ID and not Prev TN#.

24538 is for Techconnect customers only, you should login with your Techconnect Auth# to see it Edited by Contr_Conn

Thanks for the info finally got to the article. Too bad the .bmp is no good and I can't acctually see the settings I need to use. Oh well I give up.

For better or for worse, the A-B knowledgebase embedded images don't show on Firefox or Opera, you have to use IE6 or IE7. If my guess is wrong and you can see the bitmap in Article ID # 19053, what about the CIP Class/Instance/Attribute = F0/1/84 is not of use to you ?

For better or worse Firefox 3.0 Beta 5 with the IE Tab add-on will show the embedded images. Just tested it myself.

You were correct: To discover the ControlNet Mac Id use the following message: Service: 0x0E (Get_Attribute_Single) Class: 0xF0 (ControlNet Object) Instance: 0x01 Attribute: 0x84 (MAC_ID) The data returned by the module will be 4 bytes conforming to the following structure: MAC_ID_current USINT MAC_ID_switches USINT MAC_ID_changed BOOL Reserved USINT I didn't know MAC ID was teh same as CNET Node #