Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wcriel

Using File registers on FX1N

2 posts in this topic

I'm looking for some information on how to use file registers with an FX1N PLC. The program manual refers to them, but I have not really found how they are used. It seems that they replace the regular Dx registers in blocks of 500, and are stored in the program memory. I'm using FX-WIN software (came in a package with the PLC as a starterpack some years ago), but have also the GD-DEV 1000step demo running. Do I need to set some specail M-coils, or are they replacing the Dx registers by default if they are uploaded to the PLC. What Block of 500 D registers is used? I want to store some text in them that is used to display on a standard RS232 display. I have the link running no problem, just looking now how I can store the data in the best way. You see, a lot of questions, the help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

In GX Developer, in PLC Parameters you simply reserve blocks of memory for file registers, and then use the addresses D1000-x with each block adding 500 registers. No idea on FX-WIn since it's been obsolete for years. Suprised it even offers FX1N. JY992D88101 is the programming manual, and this is covered. It's in the Downloads section here.