Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Blast

plc and c++ question

4 posts in this topic

hi, anyone know what to include in the program so that when a ch00 000 in on, ch10 000 will be activated? meaning like when i push the start button on my comp, a motor will start to move.. how to i make use of the c++ to do that? thanx..

---[000.00]---------------(010.00) ---[end] Seriously....look at this thread for a starting point.... comms thread

i had come out with the ladder diagram.. but i dunno how to make use of the c++ to start the motor instead of pressing the start button..

You will need to send Sysmac Way commands out the computer serial port. The communcation settings for the computer will nedd to match the PLC ie 9600, 7 data, even parity and 2 stop bits. Click on the Link next to the smiley as previously posted. Have a good look at this thread. Then come back with some questions. BTW I have not done a C++ comms handling routine but I have done VB....saying that Jay Anthony posted an excellent demo program. Symac Way demo program Although it is is VB if you know anything about programming then you should be able to translate this to C++. Also get your hands on the following manual Communications Manual and specifiaclly look at the Host Link commands.