Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mlwalter77

RSView ME Goto Button Dynamic Parameter Button

7 posts in this topic

Is it possible to have the parameter file in a goto button be dynamic? I have a screen with 7 dynamic messages whose links are based on the parameter file loaded. The screen is small and 7 messages is all that will fit. However there may be upwards of 30 messages that need to be shown. I'd like to have a button on this message screen which cycles through the messages, but uses the same screen with a different parameter file loaded. Any ideas?

Have the button execute a macro. The macro contains a series of IF statements - IF CONDITION == 1 THEN DISPLAY SCREENAME -pParameterFile1 IF CONDITION == 2 THEN DISPLAY SCREENAME -pParameterFile2

I think what you have would work in RSView SE, but I'm not sure that its applicable to ME.

Tried the Parameter File Example and could not get this to work in ME You could Load all 30 Messages on the screen Make the first 7 visible and set all the other ones to invisible Then have 5 buttons that would toggle the visability animation for the other messages

Are you writing for a touch screen or a non-touch screen? A touch screen could have multiple stacked goto screen buttons with different parameter files where only one of the screens has visability/. Edited by finfin

We have decided to go the brute force way and just use multiple screens and avoid the elegant solution which may be difficult for the end user to maintain.

I had this same issue, and I went with same solution as recommended above of multiple stacked buttons with visibility animations. It might be more difficult to maintain, but in my case I would have exceeded the 75 screen limit on the PC version of RSView ME if I went with multiple screens, so I didn't have much of a choice. It isn't so bad once you get used to it, and you do save time not having to populate the same changes across multiple screens.