Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
encoder

RSView SE VB Scripting

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, I am writing some script to check comms between Logix 5000 PLC and SCADA running rsview se. I know what I want for the script, my problem is how to call continuously while the client is running. is there an option for this? Any replies greatly appreciated Thanks

One thought Two Scripts - I'll call them Script A and Script B. Script A does the Comm check and turns off the Run Scrript A flag and turns on a Run Script B Flag. Script B runs and Turns on the Run Script A flag and Turns off the Run Script B Flag. Configure Script A to run at Power up or when the Run Script A flag is on. Configure Script B to run when the Run Script B flag is on. Not elegant but should work.

Thanks for your reply BobLfoot, I can see that your script will work. I think my question wasn't too clear... With RSView It seems that all the scripts are event driven? Is there anything built into the application where I can place some script that will be called continuously? or do I need to patch something together like your example script to simulate this?