Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stech

MiniLSS

7 posts in this topic

It's a long time since I've had to use minilss and a couple of laptops ago ! I'm now using a XP pro machine and have a project that will require me to use minilss. Is there a version that runs on XP ??? What is everbody else doing in this situation?? Cheers Fred

Which PLC type you want to program? I never heared on minilss I used to use LSS for many years. Maybe you want to program SP model? Arik

Arikby: MiniLSS for SP/SK PLCS is on the MrPLC.com download site. MiniLSS DOS Software for SP & SK Omron PLCs stech: What happens when you try to run MiniLSS on WinXP? Be specific.

I'm using it for programming the SK20 plc. When I open the Minilss.exe or Install.exe files, a screen opens and then closes again after approx. 0.5sec. I have also tried this on win 2k with he same results. Fred

Jay Thanks for the correction. I remembered somthing about SP with minilss, any how it was kind of episode I would like to forget. STECH I dont think you can run it on 2K or XP try on 98 or 95. What you describe is typical OS problem. It happend to me when I tried to run old programs on my 2K PC (not MiniLSS) Arik Edited by ArikBY

Ok, I thought I had covered this in another thread, but just spent thirty minutes researching the forum and couldn't find the original thread. So here it goes again... The issue is not in compatibility with Win 2K or WinXP. The rub comes with today's gigahertz speeds on our Intel or AMD processors. Many DOS-based programs used the machine's clock tick to time certain processes. When you raise by a factor of 100 the speed at which these programs were originally programmed, you run into "stack overflows" and "divide by zero" and other errors. What we need is to be able to return temporarily to the speeds of yesteryear (under 100 mhz.) There are several utilities around that do just that. They slow the processor down by literally wasting CPU processing cycles. (Not very efficient, but it does the job.) I just tested such a utility on MiniLSS on Win2K and was able to make it run. Here is a link in the MrPLC.com download section to a utility called CPU Killer 2.0: CPU Killer 2.0 BTW, I have heard this helps SSS and LSS considerably on faster processors.

Thanks for all help, I have download file and tested on w2k-ok. Fred