Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JMK

PowerFlex 40P

5 posts in this topic

Hi All - This is more of a drive related issue... I am having some trouble with a Flex 40P drive. In some way shape or form, the drive stops, with no fault, in the middle of a run... The fault is captured in the CLogix program. Through DeviceNet, the run signal is issued. Then the xxx.logicStatus.0 bit is monitored. If the logicStatus.0 bit goes false while the run command is present, then a "loss of enable" fault is declared for this drive. OK - Hardware Involved: The drive has been replaced with a larger drive. On initial startup, we had Bus Over Voltage trouble on decel... The DeviceNet 22-Comm-D module has been swapped with said drive's neighbor. The problem did not follow. The Safe Off Module has been swapped with said drive's neighbor. The problem did not follow. The only other electrical circuit is the other part of the stop loop, which opens the stop circuit for all of the drives. (term 1 & 11 on drive). This circuit is an MCR that is common to all drives. I don't really suspect it. I did check wiring terminations. Everything is good. The only other thing I can think of is temperature. The cabinet is warm. AB says 104oF is the limit for the PFlex in a type 4 or 12 enclosure. I thought I'd see an overtemp fault if this was the case. I am currently off-site... That will be the next thing I check. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

JMK Did you have this fault with the first drive you had in place? I had a SAFE OFF drive board connector fail (mostly because of the original installation VIBRATIONSSSSS) We played swaptronics like you have ,until we limlted it to the main drive board Just a odd chance who knows?

JAK- Good point... The original drive was replaced due to over-voltage faults on decel... We installed a larger drive, and this problem (the ghost stops) showed up a few days later...

Do you have any braking resistors. Just a thought if they breakdown under Decel would or could this cause an overvoltage?

The project engineer didn't want to go with braking resistors 'because of the additional component that could fail' scenario... That is why we installed a larger drive.