Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scootabug

How to actually get an DC Output

6 posts in this topic

This may seem like a silly question, but I've done the TheLearningPit's RSLogix simulations and passed with flying colours...and now I'm trying to do some uber basc I/O on the MicroLogix 1200 without success. What's the obvious way to get DC Output on the ML1200? I've tried bit on, force etc, everything I can spot, but haven't struck gold yet. I thought I'd have been able to measure output with a multimeter (especially when the OUT LED is lit). To keep it fault free (which hasn't worked) all I've got is an OTE on O:0/1, on one rung all by itself. I've also tried it behind the XIC on I:0/0, no difference. Does anyone have a "idiots guide to..." for this? Sorry to ask the most obvious question in the whole world (or so it seems to me) but I'm about to pull my hair out! Thanks everyone...

Did you connet the +24 Supply to your common terminal? if it is OTE for a sourcing output. or -24 for a Sinking output.

Hmm. Well the first initial exciting part of this is that I got the output working (and providing 24VDC) off my 4th module which is the 16 Port DC Output (1762-OB16) based on your advice. What I don't understand now is that I have 24VDC into the ML1200 PLC but not working? I'll have more of a play around and let you know how I get on. Thank you very much thus far!

Alright so I'm back to being stumped. Can anyone tell me what I need to connect to which terminals on the ML1200 PLC to get 24VDC from an output? I can't seem to find any literature that gets this basic. What I need, is simply, 24VDC off each of the outputs when it has been set as an OTE (or whatever else). Seems easy enough!

Go to http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...N%20-%20English and look for 'Installation Manual'. READ EVERYTHING about wiring. Then go back and start reading other manuals. Everything's there.

And the light shines before all! Thank you for the good link. I read the installation guide which came with the PLC itself, but alas, the documentation you actually need is NOT supplied with the unit. Kudos to you!