Alexey M

FX1N-LG IC5 invertors

7 posts in this topic

Dear All, I have one question. I have to connect FX1N PLC and 10 LG IC5 invertors via RS-485 with Modbus RTU protocol to send frequency parameters (start/stop will be done by external signal). As I understand, I have to write this protocol manually in the PLC program. I have some examples with Mitsubishi FR-S invertors control, but there is different protocol and at the moment I don't know how to solve this task. Probably, somebody could give me an example of the program with Modbus RTU data transmission? Or at least explain how to make it? I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance for reply. Alexey.

Personally I would save the time, upgrade to an FX3U, and get an FX3U-485ADP-MB which is Modbus RTU compatible. Money spent on the upgrade will save much time in the code writing process.

Dear Crossbow, thank you for your reply. Of course, you suggested the best solution, but unfortunately not everything depends on me. My boss prefer to save money, but not my time. So I have to do it with existing controller... Another question. I found one program example at mitsubishi-automation.com (ModbMFX) with corresponding function block, but I'm not sure is it suitable for invertors or not. At the moment I don't have invertors on site and can't check it. Can smb. advise me anything? Thanks in advance. Alexey.

Modbus is Modbus. Doesn't matter if it's VFDs or temperature controllers or other PLCs.

Thanks, Crossbow. I've read all manuals carefully one more time and now it seems everything is clear for me. Sorry if I asked stupid questions but it's human nature to ask before follow the principle RTFM.

I have no problem answering questions, and didn't see any I would consider stupid. Everybody starts somewhere.

http://beijer.se/web/web_aut_se.nsf/alldoc...125707C004C93D8