Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EirikV

CP343-1 Comm via Ethernet to TP177B DP/PN

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a S7 CPU-315-PN/DP that I am trying to get to communicate with a TP177B DP/PN touch panel via a CP343-1 ethernet module. I have assigned IP adresses 10.1.8.40 to the PLC and 10.1.8.41 to the touch panel. I have set those IPs in both WinCC flexible and in NetPro. There is no communication, though, between the panel and the PLC. When i run the special diagnostics for the Ethernet module, under 'Operating Mode' it reads: S7 communication Run OK Send/Recv Stop not configured System connection Stop The task has not started One thing, though. I have SIMATIC Manager version 5.4 + SP1, and in my HW config I can't find my exact Ethernet model 6GK7343-1EX21-0XE0 version 1.2, I can only find v1.1. Is this a problem? Appreciate your time - Eirik

Hei Eirik. Do I understand it correctly that you have a PN CPU and a CP343-1 !?? Why, dont you just use onboard PN port ? Anyway, there should be no reason why it should not work, but it is just silly if you ask me. Several things can go wrong. Hardware: If there is a direct cable between the CP and the TP, then make sure that it is crossed. You can try to put a switch with autonegotiating capability between the CP and the TP. If that fixes it, then the cable was the problem. While you have the switch connected, do connect your PC to the switch and see if you can ping both CP and TP. Configuration: Both the PN port on the CPU and the CP343-1 should have an IP adress assigned, and they should not be the same (in case they shall be on the same network.) Did you cycle power on the TP after you set the IP adress ? Only after a power cycle will the IP be activated. And then I strongly recommend that the S7 PLC and the TP are integrated into the same STEP7 project. If you do not, there are several things that can go wrong. Be sure that the HW config is downloaded to the S7 PLC. I dont think that there should be a problem with the version no of the CP. But why dont you just update your HW catalog ?

Hello again Jesper! No, I actually have a 315-2 DP CPU. Sorry about that. I have connected them through a switch. I can ping both from my PC and I can ping the PLC from the Panel. I think I presented the problem the wrong way. The problem is really that the panel doesn't pick up data from the data block (DB) adresses I have specified. There is no change on the panel when bits/words change in the PLC. My software setup is a bit of a mess. I have WinCC flexible 2007 that came with my panel on one PC, whereas on my Field PG I have WinCC 2005. On WCC 2005 I can't find the correct unit version in the device setup. I couldn't locate any updates for it either on the net. On the PC which I have WCC 2007 I only have version 5.3 of SIMATIC manager, and so even with a hardware update, I couldn't find the correct version of the Ethernet module. I can, though on the Field PG which has v5.4 installed. The integration of WinCC flex 2007 into SIMATIC manager is not working since it is such an old version. You may wonder why I did not install WCC on the field PG. The reason is that the installation program wanted to remove the old version, and the customer I have, wants the software (WinCC) delivered with the system. That basically means that I'm stuck without a license since I have no clue where the CD for WinCC 2005 is. But if you mean that the S7 PLC and the TP absolutely should be integrated into the same STEP7 project, I will give it a shot anyway. I tried doing the integration with WinCC 2005 and it kind of worked, but it complained about the device "Not being connected", though it was conneted via Ethernet. And it also complained with this message: "Not all components are downloaded. If S7RTM is installed, set the option "S7RTM is installed" in the "Object Properties" of PC station SIMATIC HMI Station(1), in the "Configuration" tab. You will then be able to download all components." When i tried to download the settings. I can't find the "Configuration" tab, nor do I know what S7RTM is or wether it's installed or not. - Eirik

Hei igen Eirik ! Integration of WinCC Flex and S7 is not an absolute requirement. It only takes care of all the small bloopers, while also providing some other advantages. One typical mistake is to set rack/slot to 0/0 because this is the default suggestion by WinCC Flex. But for an S7-300 rack/slot is always 0/2. Do check that. When the TP starts up, exactly what error message do you get ? Do the i/o fields display "0" or "#####" or ? I think that you have done something wrong when you decided to integrate the projects. I think so because "S7RTM" is only relevant with a socalled "PC station", not with a panel like the TP177B. Step back and work non-integrated as before, it is too problematic after all with your PCs and software versions. My best shot is that bit with the rack/slot.

Hei igjen! I changed the slot number to 2, and it cured the problem instantly. I had set the slot to 4, because that was what the hardware configuration told me. Do you know why the slot always is 2? Takker så mye for hjelpen! Mvh Eirik

Jeg tænkte det nok :) In the S7-400, the CPU can sit in a several possible locations in the rack. In the S7-300, the CPU is always slot 2. Look in the HW config, the 315 is in slot 2.