Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robnik1

slc 5/02

9 posts in this topic

I need to make program changes to a slc 5/02. I have not connected to this type of PLC before. I have worked with Micro 1000. I have the 1747-uic cable. Is this all I need using RS linx and rs500. Will rslinx auto config the port and then autodetect the processor. Thanks for the help.

RSLinx will not autodetect the COM port, data rate, or framing of the 1747-UIC. The COM port must be determined using Windows Control Panel, and the data rate, framing, and error checking must be manually set as described on Page 12 of the Installation Instructions pamphlet (which is in the box) for the 1747-UIC.

Do you guys have to reconfigure your driver every time you use your UIC converter. Most of the time I have to change to a different port, start it and then change back to the port I always use.

WARNING ! ! ! If baud rate is not 19200 Bps, you'll be not able to communicate. 1747-UIC only work at 19 200. I had to work with fixed unit with 9 600 Bps and I needed to use my old PIC [i called tech support about that and they confirm this]

Thanks for the help, I was able to go online with the processor but when I downloaded a program edit I found the edit did not take. The system seemed to download normally( no errors ). Did I miss a step to downloading to the processor? Thanks.

Did you check if plc have Eeprom? Check if S:1/11 , S:1/12 is set in Processor status -> Mem module tab. Did you lost your change when the power is cycled? Can you send a upload and the change you want to download? Edited by slcman

Not sure about the eprom but the unit is running and I know other changes have been made by others before me. I not sure if the change is lost after a power down, that may be the case. I get the upload, make the change, save the change to the file , then download to the processor. Thanks

It's look like a problem caused by Eeprom loaded at power up. After you download your change go in Comms -> EEPROM -> Store to EEPROM Wait the delay to allow plc to burn EEPROM, and try to cycle the power. Good luck