Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt S

FX1N and Encoder Issues

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, I'm working on a program now which uses an encoder (100PPR) directly mounted to the shaft of a conveyor for a spray application. I'm using the encoder into the X001 input of an FX1N PLC. I've calculated the number of pulses per inch based on the circumference of the shaft. My question is this: How can I use the pulses being read by the X001 input in other parts of the program, and how would I reset the input in the PLC program after a given condition is met...ie the photoeye input goes off. I'm looking everywhere, including the FX Programming Manual and the MELSEC FX Training Manual. I'm not sure if there is a way I can use this input and move it to a register, and then reset the register or what. Thanks in advance.

Use the DHSCS and DHSCR instructions

You could check out this thread ... not exactly the same, but similar type of thing. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=5864&hl=

Yep, that was what I was looking for. I think I got it using a combination of things...but can't test until I get to the site tomorrow. Here's to the PLC not exploding! Cheers!

The counter associated with X1 would store the current value. You can as mentioned use DHSCS and DHSCR to set and reset a bit based on the numbers in the current count. To reset the count, use RST and reset the counter number.