Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pago

CX-OPC Server Config method

5 posts in this topic

hi all, I'm using the Omron OPC server ver. 1.2 and i've realised that's not in development therms a good tool (this is my opinion). Can someone give some tips on the best method to develop a structure with over 200 PLC's each one with more than 100 variables. Is there any way to import a file or something that i don't have click and write every time i want to add a new device or point? Thanks for replying! Pago

Well, yes there is a easier method. you can use excel table to create lots of points and then paste it back to cdm file.

tashinz Wich is the right format do you know? The .cdm file is encryptred. By the way another question. Is there any incompatibility of the OPC Server with Windows 2003 server? Regards Pago

Hello Pago, As far as I'm aware, there are no known issues with CX-Server OPC running under Windows 2003 Server. For the copy and paste from excel, create your list of points in Excel, then simply paste them into the Project Editor (not the cdm file itself). Hope this helps

You're right CX-Server OPC editor can be slow to develop many. However you're presumably using CX-Programmer to write the PLC? (!) This is the best symbol developer ever - not only does it support Copy/Paste to excel but can create the CDM file (using "External CX-Server file for linked symbols" Project Property). This way when you change/extend your program the OPC Server changes are already done !! Bertie